Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday Observation

Terri Schiavo, the innocent victim of a murderous husband, an incompetent judge, and a callous judicial system, lies starving to death, her enemies having destroyed the last apparent legal recourse to save her life.

Friday signals the remembrance of Our Lord's Passion on the Cross. Also, it seems everything which can be said about the Schiavo case, save the grief, has been written. Those who want Terri to live had said their piece, and those who want her to die have said theirs.

Because of Good Friday, because I wish to keep my mind and heart free from needless argument on this day while I focus on my Lord, and because I am grieving for the needless and cruel death which approaches for Terri Schiavo, I have restricted Comments for the time being.

No comments: