Friday, June 17, 2005

Jack's Take On Dick

[][][]

Vincent Flynn changed only three words to allow Colonel Nathan R. Jessep (as played by Jack Nicholson in the movie “A Few Good Men”) to explain his opinion of Senator Durbin:

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Senator Durbin? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Al Queda, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the detainees suffering, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to. "

I sure wish a real Marine would get the chance to say something along those lines to the Senator.

No comments: