Monday, November 14, 2005

Sunday TV

...

I enjoyed watching Fox News yesterday. I and my family were down with a virus, so we did little but watch television and drink soup. The Fox Channel was worth the look, as Chris Wallace hit the high points, correctly anticipating that the Democrat Jay Rockefeller would cling to the low road of insinuation and gutter mutter.

Among the questions which answered themselves:

“Senator Rockefeller, pre-war intelligence was a big issue in the last campaign, widely debated. George Bush won that election. There are now 150,000 U.S. troops in Iraq. Is it really useful to go back over what Dick Cheney or someone else said in 2002?”

“Senator Rockefeller, the president says that Democratic critics, like you, looked at pre-war intelligence and came to the same conclusion that he did. In fact, looking back at the speech that you gave in October of 2002 in which you authorized the use of force, you went further than the president ever did”

Some of the answers were worth attention, as Senator Pat Roberts observed:

“but we've had our own investigation, the WMD Inquiry, and the (inaudible) report in Britain and the WMD Commission all saying that there wasn't any manipulation or pressure.”

“I don't share Jay's view that there's that much difference between the PDBs and the information that we get, which is very similar to the senior executive intelligence brief.

I think what happened, if you read the Robb-Silverman report, that it was repetitive. It was a lot like the slam dunk statement by former CIA director George Tenet, who also believed, I'm sure, that there was an imminent threat.

I think that again, you know, this administration looked at the available report by the entire community, as we did, and said it was a danger to our national security, and they went to war.”


Seems like Chris Wallace learned more about Journalism than his dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see that you're still confusing word count with quality of thought!

You do serve a useful purpose though, Drummond. You remind me that there are vapid idiots in abundance ... even among those who share most of my political beliefs.

I do appreciate that. Really. Prior to reading your drivel, I had honestly begun to believe only liberals were closed-minded empty-headed ideologues.

You've reminded me to keep my eyes open and my mind functional, no matter who might be talking. Cheers, mate.

Now go throw out a few thousand more bits of sophomoric sophistry. Figure out who killed Kennedy yet?