Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday

Hi there. This beautiful animal gracing the header of today's site is Bingo, my daughter's Collie puppy. Bingo has a number of characteristics worth mentioning:

[] She is AKC-registered, which means I paid money to get a piece of paper proving she's really a Collie.

[] Bingo is 15 weeks old, but growing fast. About 3 months from now, she will still be a puppy, but will be almost twice the size she is now, and around 65 pounds in weight.

[] Bingo is what they call a White Sable Rough-Hair Collie. If you look closely, you will notice that her eyes are different colors.

[] Collies are a very smart breed of dog, which means that Bingo is probably smarter than 40% of the voting population, and also smarter than Lindsay Lohan or anyone appearing these days on MTV or "The View".

[] Bingo likes to chase things, and she likes to chew things.

[] And if you are still reading at this point, you probably love dogs in general, and have one yourself.

In other news, I have begun the Summer Semester of my MBA studies. This semester features Strategic Cost Accounting, Management and Organizational Behavior, and Statistics and Research Methods. The decision to pursue an Accounting concentration has added either three or five additional Accounting courses to my degree load, but that is to be expected. The difefrence comes from the fact that I was a moron while an undergraduate, and because my Bachelor's Degree was in Liberal Arts, UHV (being an AACSB-accredited school) demands that I prove I can handle the higher-order Accounting work. Two of the classes may be waived, since I have already passed graduate-level Accounting classes. I need to be careful to consider the overall need, however, since I also plan to sit for the CPA exam after earning my MBA.

In still other news, I will go back to M.D. Anderson for more tests on July 9, basically to make sure the tumors in my abdomen have not been naughty. Hopefully, the present non-surgical regimen will continue to prove effective.

Well, that's all for now.

No comments: