Wednesday, March 09, 2005

'Daddypundit' Interview

.
Tom Parsons, over at Daddypundit, is interviewing other bloggers. Here are his questions for me, and my answers:

1. Why did you decide to start a blog?

I have been a talker all my life. I love conversation, especially explaining things. I started leaving long comments on various blogs I liked, and to my surprise, I started getting emails from people suggesting they liked them. I started my own blog in July of 2004, and have been rolling along ever since.


2. Apart from the Bible, what book has had the greatest influence on your life?

Hard choice, picking just one, but I'd have to say B.H.L. Hart's masterpiece, "Strategy". It's a good primer in Military History, and I have always found it thought-provoking, even on non-military topics. The basic theme is that the predictable method fails, while the unexpected very often wins.


3. What is the best and worst thing about living in Houston?

Best - the people. We have folks from over 180 countries living here, with every possible kind of food, music, and art. We have more museums than New York, more top-level medical centers than Los Angeles, and every kind of sport is played here. And of course, there's no better barbeque or chili than what gets served up at our Cookout at the Livestock Show & Rodeo every year.

Worst - political corruption. We haven't had an honest mayor or an effective City Council in my lifetime here.


4. Other than Jesus, what one person in the Bible would you most want to meet? Why?

James. As Jesus' brother, he knew Christ when he was very young, and had a hard time understanding who Jesus really was. His transition from disbelief to devotion is the most compelling of all the disciples to me.


5. What television character best describes you?

Lt. Columbo. Nothing too flashy, sometimes awkward in social situations, but I know when I'm right, and I don't give up easy.

Thanks Tom!



Hey, that was way cool. If you'd like to interview me, or would like me to interview you, just shoot me an email, drummond@ev1.net

No comments: