Saturday, April 01, 2006

A Personal Emergency

..

I will not be blogging for a while.

My father, who will be 82 this June, did not respond to attempts to wake him this morning. The paramedics took him to Memorial City Hospital, where he remained unconscious with a 105-degree fever. They have treated him with a battery of antibiotics, and he has come to some level of semi-consciousness, though not full cognizance.

My family has come together to wait for developments, and so after this announcement I shall be unavailable for a time. I apologize for the absence.

1 comment:

Mr. Right said...

Having recently experienced a health scare with my own father, I can certainly empathize.

My prayers and best wishes to your father and the rest of your family. I hope everything will turn out well.

God bless.