Thursday, October 07, 2004

The Man We Need to See Tomorrow

From President Bush’s Speech at the Kirby Center, here are some highlights I’d like him to bring up again at Friday’s Debate:

When I took office in 2001, the bubble of the ‘90s had burst. Our economy was headed into a recession. And because of the attacks of September the 11th, nearly a million jobs were lost in three months. It was a dangerous time for our economy. People were warning of potential deflation and depression. But I acted. To stimulate the economy, I called on Congress to pass historic tax relief, which it did, without my opponent’s “yes” vote.”

Thanks to the efforts of our citizens, and the right policies in the right place at the right time, we put the recession behind us

In the past year, the United States of America has added about 1.7 million new jobs. More than Germany, Japan, Great Britain, Canada and France combined.”

Let me start with taxes. I have a record of reducing them; he has a record of raising them.”

We need a President who will stand up to the trial lawyers in Washington, not put one on the ticket.”

Of the hundreds of bills he [Kerry] submitted, only five became law. One of them was ceremonial. But to be fair, he’s earned a special distinction in Congress. The nonpartisan National Journal analyzed his record and name John Kerry the most liberal member of the United States Senate.”

That’s the guy I want to see tomorrow night. I want my President to show the pretender for what he is.

No comments: